Tuesday, August 02, 2005

George Lucas - Get My Foot Into Anime

CNN.com - George Lucas' latest project(s) - Aug 2, 2005: "LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Think George Lucas is going to take it easy now that he's completed his final 'Star Wars' trilogy? Think again.
Lucas revealed Monday that he wants to bring the wonders of 3-D animation to Asia, produce television shows much more cheaply than the rest of the industry, and make sure that his Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) effects house doesn't lose its famed camaraderie and creative spunk.
'I put all of my resources into pushing the evolution in an industry that is notoriously backwards and I enjoy pushing that envelope,' Lucas told an audience of thousands during an hourlong Q&A at the Siggraph computer graphics confab at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
'I'm lucky enough that there is never a blank canvas in front of me,' Lucas mused. 'I have hundreds of projects that I want to do but I am running out of time.'
Lucas is producing his upcoming series 'Clone Wars' in 3D animation and building a facility in Singapore to 'use the amazing artistic talents in the Asian community,' he said. 'A lot of (Asia) is still trying to move into the 3D age. I set up a plan to speed up the process and to build up the community there. I also look at this as a way to get my foot into anime,' he said."

As much as I love ILM/Lucasfilms, etc...I would love to see George Lucas looking for American talent. What about it George???

Mark Alderwood
The Anime Times