Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Awesome Review - Lady Death

Anime on DVD: "ADV Films

Oooooh, this disc is a really fun one to have on hand during long trips. Lady Death, while not selling within the anime market, sold extremely well in the comic book arena, where they were glad to have their lovely angel of death come to life in glorious... well, no one uses celluloid these days. What makes me even more pleased than they were is this disc, the first in a LONG time from ADV Films' music division! This is a masterful piece of epic fantasy music, rivaling some of my favorites such as Legend (Tangerine Dream). I am stunned at how atmospheric this album is, and no matter what you thought of Lady Death: The Motion Picture, I strongly recommend purchasing this at your first opportunity. A full, beautiful orchestra delivers in the hands of Bill Brown, who pulls a choir into the mix in a dreamy representation of hellish battles and heavenly beauty.
Where I took it: Its a long plane ride from Houston to South Carolina.
Where it took me: I never did see Lady Death: The Motion Picture. However, I got to make my own movie in my head, and it was one hell of a movie!
Standout track: The Endless Graveyard - This final track on the album was luscious. This was everything I want other epic discs, like the God of War soundtrack, to be and so much more.
Skip-it track: I didn't have a track I didn't enjoy."

Sounds good. Thanks for the review by Lauren Goodnight of Animeondvd.com. Keep 'em coming...

Mark
The Anime Times